Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At half staff...



The Flag at the Team Schiele World Headquarters hung at half staff today in honor of 31 year old Michael Alleman who was buried today.
Michael was the 31st Soldier from Utah, that has been killed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
I didn't know Michael Alleman, but like me he was a Soldier and was from Utah, which was all I needed to know.
I pray that I never have to lower The Flag to half staff for another Utah service member, I also pray for his wife, his two sons, the rest of his family and for young lives that he touched in his life before he became a Soldier. Before enlisting in the Army, Michael Alleman was a fifth grade teacher in the Logan area.
I also pray for the 4865 other families whose loved one has been killed, the thousands of service members who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as for the thousands of service members who have been injured and for the thousands of others who have been there and are some how not the same.


1 comment:

Amy and Mike said...

Thank you for that nice note on the fallen soldier. Hopefully his sacrifice will not be forgotten. Your gesture will help to prevent that.