Sunday, November 15, 2009

In case you haven't heard....

I know many of our dear readers are also one or both of our "Face Book Friends", so the following maybe old news to you, but here goes....
I was offered a job!
Which I took of course, it's with the VA, where I have wanted to work since my experience on active duty with CBHCO.
I don't know a lot about the job at this time, but it basically involves helping veterans that are first entering the VA health system.
I start in a little less than a month, so I can finish up on a few things around the house and get in as much fishing as I can.
Being unemployed this past eight weeks or so hasn't been all that bad, I've done a few things around the house, and Mirinda and I have gotten a little closer too I think despite the extra stress.
I did a lot of fishing too, by my standards anyway. There were a couple of times for instance, where I went in the late afternoon/evening one day and went again the next day. I also got a lot of opportunities to make some photographs when I went fishing too. I'd say I added eight new photographs to the project I am working on. You can see it HERE if you like.




















One of the afternoons I spent somewhere on the Middle Provo....(Yes I did catch one that day!)



Just me and my shadow.... ;-)


There were several days there where I didn't shave at all.

Anyway thanks for your support during this period Mirinda and I greatly appreciate it.
A HUGE thanks to Mirinda for putting up with me during this time too, as well as being there for me and with me during this period as well as the period before.

Here's to new opportunities!
SALUD!
Brian

4 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Congratulations! We are so happy that something finally turned up. You were definitely in our prayers.

Mandos said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! Good luck!

Monica said...

Congrats! I hope will enjoy this job.

Mom in Orem said...

WE are all celebrating your find of a job! Enjoy! Love seeing you fishing! What great pictures!