Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jumping in

So I decided we should jump on the blogging band wagon. This is what happens when I have a sick day. Apparently there is flue going around.

After all, we need a place to post all the exciting happenings at Team Schiele World Headquarters. I once read that only 3 percent of the population actually read blogs, but some where in the 40 percent range writes them.

I hope we can at least use this to post whats interesting to us.

At the moment whats interesting to me is our yard. We have been overcome with weeds this spring and my battle to subdue them is progressing in inches and hours. That's I make about an inch of progress for every hour I spend. At least it feels good to be outside.

Just a side note- I am following my standard OP and am currently printing off photos that need to be framed, ordering mothers day gifts, looking for a recipe, playing spider solitaire watching TV, and creating a blog. I just ran outside in the snow (Ugh! its May Day!) to take some pics to add, but I need to finish all the stuff in photoshop as I am getting confused.
This is our new fountain in the square foot garden. It worked great until we played with the cord. Now it is a project on the list. We will be adding 2 more boxes on what is the far side of the fountain in this photo. Brian wants an entire box of corn! All the green is weeds!


From the North

From the west






This is a baby elderberry, it will get about 6 foot tall and wide. This is an 8 foot circle.



I planted these strawberry's on Monday! they will eventually spread out all over. The big pine tree keeps throwing pine cones at them. They will be happier once we get some nice straw mulch down.


4 comments:

Marnie said...

Oh, it is fun to see the berry patch coming along! Welcome to blogging!

Melodee said...

looks good. can't wait to see the finished protect ;)

Amy and Mike said...

Hey, that fountain is way sweet. I'm excited for the elderberry and raspberry jam. It's nice to see the pictures. Our blog is mikeamysharp.blogspot.com.

Melodee said...

This is really MOM. NOT Melodee!
Love your pictures! Proud of your garden! It is even better in person!

GO! TEAM SCHIELE!!!!!