Thursday, April 30, 2009

There is good news and bad news in the Team Schiele Parenting category.

The bad news is that Ian does not want to come this summer. He is 15, has a girl friend and wants to get a job. He has decided to spend a few weeks with his Mothers parents (other grandparents) and then get a job. (To support his new girl friend habit?)

The good news is we have an appointment for licensing on June 29th. We are STILL not ready, but decided to set an appointment and hope that the deadline gives us the impetus to get it all done. This means that we can expect a placement between Mid July and Mid January.

Here is what we still need to complete:

  1. Screen Wood Stove
    a. Figure out how to screen wood stove affordably
  2. Outlet covers and stair gates
    a. Find cheep/free stair gates (need 2)
  3. Medication and Chemicals
    a. Install new locking door knobs
    b. Buy magnet locks
    c. Install magnet locks
  4. Verification of Health, life and Auto insurance
    a. Copy my insurance card
    b. Figure out how to verify Brian’s health insurance
    c. Copy auto insurance policy
    d. Get life insurance
  5. Buy new fire extinguisher (ours is not big enough for code)

Thanks to Manda, I may have number 2 complete. The biggest problem is with number 4. Although Brian has a job, we are hoping it is temporary. He really does not like his job and it doesn’t pay what we want. We have insurance until July from the Army, and are hoping to wait for “the real job” to get new insurance. Also, I don’t have life insurance so I need to get some.

In other news- we are getting central air! Yeah! This will change my life. No more planning my day around the heat in the summer. I had over 8 estimates (a bit of overkill, but I am like that) and I feel like I was able to make an educated decision.

Also my computer crashed last week and I had to get a new one- but I am working on blocking out that memory. It was a very bad week. This week has been better.

6 comments:

Marnie said...

I am sorry that Ian will not be coming! I am glad that you are so close to getting a placement. Can't wait to meet our new family member!

Holly said...

That list is long, but I know you can get it all done! ;) Bummer that Ian is not coming out...that would be a teenager for you. (Got me one of those...) :P YEEWHO, for AC! I wouldn't survive with out it!

Mandos said...

Ian has a girlfriend!?? It's too bad we wont see him. My girls will be disappointed.

Yes! You can check number two off you list1 One down four more to go! :)

Amy and Mike said...

Oh, we are really going to miss Ian. I hope that we will get to see him some time this year. Oh girlfriends just ruin everything don't they. I can't believe he is 15. Crazy. I also can't believe you had computer problems again. That must be really frustrating. Good Luck with finishing everything in order to get a placement. I know things will all work out.

Mom in Orem said...

I am sure glad you blog. I wouldn't know anything without it.

I feel bad that Ian isn't coming. Isn't 15 too early for girls?
Good luck with the insurance items. I know you are most worried about those.

Wow! Central air. That has to be a boon!

Monica said...

If you would like, Al can help you with the inssurance. He can help you get the life insurance you need. Plus he can get you temporary health insurance until Brian gets a better job. The temporary health insurance can last any where from a month to 12 months.

Tell Ian we'll miss him this summer!