Sunday, August 10, 2008

Like Father, Like Son.....

As most of you know, I have been doing photography for many years now, which extends well past high school.
And interestingly enough a local book store, Sam Wellers is having an art exhibit where they are looking for art from that period. It's just a fun exhibit, they are calling it "CRINGE:PURGE", the best of our high school art careers. I guess it runs just one night, as part of the August "Gallery Stroll". It takes place 15 August, from 6 to 9 PM. Sam Wellers, is located at 254 South Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT.
I am attaching the announcement card for your viewing pleasure and possible laughter. They wanted a pic of me, from that period. I am in the bottom center.Furthermore....
On that same night, Ian will ALSO being exhibiting two paintings he did when he was here last month. We were able to find an art workshop to send him to when he was here, and as part of that, the gallery is now going to show they works from the budding your artists the same time, but for a lot longer, until 12 September. What's the gallery you ask? Well it's at the same gallery I exhibited my photographs in back in October, as part of the group exhibit I was a part of.
It's the, 11th Annual Teen Workshops Exhibition, at Art Access, 230 S, 500 W, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. it also runs from 6-9PM.
When I first told Ian about the workshop, he was reluctant to go as you can imagine, but once he got there he got there he had fun and I am sure he learned a thing or two.
His works will be available for purchase, I might add.
If I remember correctly, he'll even get the proceeds for the purchase, 70% or it anyway!
So come down and buy his two paintings!
Brian

3 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Hey, I Stephanie Lietch went to high school with me. So I know two people at that exhibit. That is way cool about Ian's paintings, I wish that we could get there and see them.

Mike

Mandos said...

This is so cool! Way to go Brian and Ian!!!

Marnie said...

So fun. I wish I could go, but I will be at my high school reunion.