Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dont count em before they hatch

Sad news this week for my sustainability/ preparedness/ health plans.

The city council has decided not to peruse the proposed chicken ordinance. It would seem that it is a matter of education and they have crazy ideas about chickens running wild and turning the city into a third world country. Also- bees are considered animals and are not allowed except in agricultural zones.

I will do my best to educate the City Council and hope for a change of heart. Maybe we can hope for Chickens in the spring of 2010 if not spring of 2009.

I suppose I should pick my battles and give up on the bees for now.

For those of you who can use a good chicken laugh, check out Mazola Montana’s chicken controversy.
http://www.newwest.net/city/article/missoulas_urban_chicken_squabble/C8/L8/

5 comments:

Holly said...

Ray used to have bees. They made the best honey! ;) Sorry about your chickens...

Mandos said...

Sad to hear about your chickens. :(
I know you were looking forward to them.

Marnie said...

That stinks about the chickens. I was looking forward to having the kiddos come play with them.

Ian..?? said...

Sucks about the Chickens. And that is Stupid about the Chicken thingy making the city look like a 3rd world Nation. Oh yeah Hi

Mom in Orem said...

Chickens a no go is definitely bad news. Keep trying! Persistence usually wins and if anyone can convince the city council it is you!