Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happiness runs in a circular motion

I am really into circles. I love bubbles, and at one time was going to become a bubbleologist. Yes, there really is such a thing. And this summer I have seen many threads of my life come full circle.
It started at the beginning of the summer when an old friend I had broken contact with found me. It was fun to see the old friend I loved and the new person she had become. It showed me how much I had changed since I had last spent time with her. I liked what I saw in both of us.
It continued at the reunion of my Mother’s family. I was able to catch up with cousins that I had not talked to in years. I was reminded of so many happy moments from childhood, and the love between myself and grandparents long gone, cousins, aunts and uncles.
Last month both Brian and I attended our 20 year reunions. I have a better understanding of Brian after meeting some of the people who knew him as a he came of age.
I was able to reconnect with not only high school friends, but with memories of myself. I had forgotten the crazy things my friends and I would do to entertain ourselves. I had forgotten the fun and the angst and the craziness.
This life review I have been going through over the last few months, has led Brian and I to start talking about the possibility of adding a new member of Team Schiele. We are considering adoption. Nothing has been decided for sure, but we are talking about starting a new circle.

5 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Good luck with that decision. We think that you guys are wonderful parents and that would really be a blessing.

Mom in Orem said...

Circles intertwining circles. That brings joy not just happiness.

You will both know what to do when the time comes. You are awesome! And whatever decision you make will be right for you!

Holly said...

Being able to reconnect has been nice. We will keep you in our thoughts and know that you two would make some little one very happy if that is the path you take...LOVES! :)

Mandos said...

Oh this is so exciting!! Of course the answer is yes! :)
I love you two, you are constantly in my prays. Good luck with your decision making!

Marnie said...

Wow! So much to think about. Good luck with the decision.