Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009

This year I resolve to not make any resolutions. My plate is full, not overflowing, but filled with things I want on it. Carefully chosen items from the buffet available in this amazing time and place. I know from experience, that as with an actual buffet, my tendency is to overfill my plate, and then I get sick. I want to take on too much and overstuff my life. Experience has taught me that when I overstuff, my head and heart explode and then I don’t enjoy anything. Ok, so it took me several explosions to learn this, but I hope that finally I have the lesson down.

There are lots of things I would like to add, but they will have to wait. For now I will enjoy my marriage, my church, my friends, my family, my job, my home, my garden, the adoption process, the fight for chickens in my city, etc. etc. etc.

2008 had its ups and downs.

The best:
1. The process of deciding to add to our family
2. Our 24th of July party
3. Brian’s last year on active duty
4. Our garden
5. The election

The worst:
1. The process of deciding to add to our family
2. Having our house broken into and loosing the sense of security in our sanctuary.
3. Another year living with war (such a miserable dinner companion)
4. The election

May 2009 be more joyful, peaceful, and loving for all of us.

5 comments:

Holly said...

You have a ton to be thankful for...thanks for sharing! :)

Amy and Mike said...

Very well put. I know I have to constantly remind myself not to overload myself with good things. Happy 2009.

Monica said...

I liked reading your best and worst for 2008.

Mandos said...

Isn't it ironic that you had a few things that are on both lists? It's funny how often that seams to be the case.

Marnie said...

I like the no resolutions thing. I have too many things going on as is. I just want to get good at what I already am doing.