Friday, January 30, 2009

We got "Facebook"! How about you? ;-)

We both joined Facebook recently, I joined in an effort to network for a new job and Mirinda did mostly did after she saw all of the old friends I was reconnecting with.
I have been doing my best to network on Facebook, but it hasn't gone too well.
It's a really cool networking site, I have reconnected with a lot old acquaintances and even some family, I have also made some new friends and as well as keep up with current friends.
I was surprised to find as many people as I have on Facebook, there are a lot of people I have met on other forums that I am also friends with on Facebook now.
There's a lot on Facebook, so much in fact that you could waste a lot of time on it, there are games, groups of many kinds to name a few things. You can also post pics and comment on them too. One of the funniest things I like doing is making witty status updates. The default on it is "Brian is", but you an change the verb, it's really corny sometimes, writing in the third person, but that's where the fun can be had.
Some of my recent status updates have been, "Brian has an interview tomorrow! YES!"
"Brian is ready to begin a new chapter in his life. Who or where will it be with?", " Brian is fishing today! Salmo trutta watch out", Edit
Brian is stimulated by stimulators..... As in flies for fishing." and "Brian is fiddling with his website, while speaking in the third person."
Some people make minute by minute status changes, but I think that's too much, I usually make a few a week, Mirinda does a little less.

So if you are on Facebook, look us up! We'll be your friend... ;-)

Brian Schiele's Facebook profile


Mirinda Schiele's Facebook profile

1 comment:

Monica said...

No I'm not on facebook, but I've heard from a lot of people it is the place to be. A lot of people I know have a facebook. I'm not sure if I'll do it yet. I don't even post on my blog.