Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ians here- I need a nap!

Ian arrived Wednesday morning and we have been having sooo much fun!

Thursday Brian and Ian had some father son bonding at Cabelas. Brian finally found some waders (fishing stuff) that were of a quality and price that he could accept. Ian got a Power Popper ball gun.

Friday we all spent the day in the sun at the arts festival. We had a great time. My favorite was the guy from Kansas that made relay cool metal cactus. They were relay amazing, and from Kansas! Brian loved to just experience all the art. Ian's favorite was the yard art metal sculptures. We had hoped to stay longer, but the heat and $2.00 water wore us out. Here we are tired and happy resting up to leave.



Saturday: If you are not aware I Want Chickens! Since we first visited our friends Michael and Susan's home and meet Goldie, their first chicken, I have wanted chickens. Unfortunately they are Currently illegal in West Valley City. That is (hopefully) soon to change. The city is considering changing the laws and I am (tee hee) counting my chickens before they hatch and planning for the new pets next spring. No, I am not crazy, how many of your pets and loving, friendly, mow your lawn, eat the bugs our of your yard, fertilize the yard and make food?
So on Saturday we went to the Tour De Coop, a tour of some of Salt Lake City's back yard chicken coops. Salt Lake City allows chickens (no roosters, but who wants one of those? Now that is crazy) I had a great time, Brian caught the vision, and Ian was very well behaved! Here is one of the little ladies we met.



We are busy planning our future chicken coop and here are some of the coops we saw.



We also got to celebrate Amon's birthday. It was a great 7 year old party and Ian had a lot of fun and Brian and I had as much as our worn out selves could handle.
I was so grateful for a Sunday. I needed a day to rest.
We are hoping to see the Schiele's some time soon, although we don't yet have plans for several weeks. I think Brian is trying to set up a fishing day for Saturday.
In case I am too worn out to write next week- We are going to a chocolate factory on Monday, Sugar house park on Friday, Sunday we have a wedding extravaganza , and and and......

3 comments:

Amy and Mike said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend. It was fun to talk to you guys but it will be more fun to see you in 3 days!

Mandos said...

What a fun weekend! I'm not so sure about chickens. I could never eat eggs that came from my pet. I don't know.

Marnie said...

I hope you are able to get your chickens I think that would be fun. I am sure all the kids would love it.