Thursday, June 5, 2008

June or March?

The weather has been crazy for gardening. There are many days I cant get out because it is so wet and cold. We do have a few things that are doing well.

Our elderberry's are flowering! Not growing much, but they are gorgeous!
We also have our first strawberry's. Tiny, but they are cute! You are supposed to remove the berry's the first year to give the plants a chance to establish, but I think I will let them make one or two berries each.

Its nice to see soemthing growing. Our poor cucumbers keep dying. We have planted 2 batches now. The first ones all died so we planted 4 more, and are now down to 3. You can see this one is hanging on, if only just. I talked to the guy at Western Gardens, and cuks are supposed to be easy to grow. :( Any hints?

4 comments:

Mandos said...

I planted two Cucumbers and they both dies. :( So I can't help. Your garden looks great though! love the Elderberry's!

Mom in Orem said...

I wish I knew more about gardening but I don't. I tried growing cucumbers once and it was hard for me. I remember they were quite bitter.

I love the pictures. since it is hard to get to you, it is so great to have the pictures!

Amy and Mike said...

Wow, those strawberries look good. They are my favorite Color. You are a wonderfull Gardener.

Marnie said...

This looks fun. All of my seeds are starting to grow, but most of the plants I bought are not doing so hot. I am not sure if I killed them when I transplanted them.
So I bought a strawberry plant this year and I have a few strawberries on it. Am I not supposed to eat them?