Friday, November 14, 2008

Brian becomes a vet

This week Brian will be traveling to Colorado Springs to transiton from an active duty soldier to a vet. He will continue as a member of the Utah National Guard untill February 14th. I am so proud of him! Here is his letter to his fellow soldiers:

My Dear Friends/Fellow Soldiers,
I just wanted to let you know that my time with the UTARNG is coming to an end.
Earlier this year I received my 20 year letter, and my ETS will be in February, so I will not be continuing my service with the UTARNG or any other component of the United States military for that matter. I have done my time, and enjoyed everything I have gotten from it, but I am ready to move on. I know full well what my decision means, but it is my decision and I make it without regrets.

I can't begin to tell you how much of a pleasure it has been serving our great country with you. My memories of the UTARNG will be filled with many laughs, good times, hard work and probably even a tear or two as well. I am very thankful for all that I have gotten from the UTARNG, I have learned a lot about myself and gained perspectives on things that I probably wouldn't have realized had it not been for my service to our great country.

If I have never said Thank You, for your friendship, your ear when I needed someone to talk to, your advice on anything I may have come to you about, or anything else along those lines, let me do so now.

Thank You.

I'd also like to thank you for being in the military, I know that our country is in good hands when I see the caliber of people who are serving now and the citizens that they will be as veterans.

I am not sure if I will continue to have an AKO email address come February, but if you like you can email me through my website,
www.mtbbrian.com , click on the contact page and you'll see my email address there. If you've never taken a look at my site, please take a moment to look at my photography.

My orders with CBHCO end the first of January, from there I plan to drill in January and February assuming the dates work with my REFRAD and ETS dates. As far as full time work goes, I am looking for new work and have had a few interviews. My primary plan will be to transition from CBHCO to a new job. My alternate plan is to return to Draper, until 14 February or until I find a new job, whichever comes first.

For those of you that are currently in or headed to Iraq or Afghanistan, God bless you and your Soldiers on a safe and speedy return, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families as well.

I hope that if we see one another on the street or where ever we may be that you stop and say hi, you know I certainly will if I see you.

Hoo Ahh!?
;-)
Brian

3 comments:

Holly said...

Tell Brian to say 'HELLO' to our old city! We miss it there, but know our world is here now! ;)

Mandos said...

Brian- Congrats! I am excited for you and can't wait to see the next chapter of your life unfold.
Thank you for all of your years in the service of our country.

Amy and Mike said...

Congratulations Brian! We are so excited for you. Now starts a new chapter in your lives. That will be exciting. Thanks for you service.