Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. - Meister Eckhart

I am grateful for my husband.
I am grateful for my wife.
I am grateful for my family.
I am grateful for my friends
I am grateful for my garden.
I am grateful for film.
I am grateful for my home.
I am grateful for Holga Cameras.
I am grateful for color.
I am grateful for the past 3 years, 11 months and 29 days.
I am grateful for Brian coming home most nights (as opposed to sleeping in Iraq.)
I am grateful for being at the end of my time in the military.
I am grateful for coffee on quite mornings.
I am grateful for the stories my fellow soldiers have shared.
I am grateful for my spiritual family- our church.
I am grateful for good light.
I am grateful for a rewarding job, which lets me do what is most important.
I am grateful for 84,000+ sq/mi of Utah and all there is to do and see within them.
I am grateful for pedicures.
I am grateful for Beer.
I am grateful for a hopeful future.
I am grateful for good sharp knives.

6 comments:

Mandos said...

I love how you both did this.
You indeed have allot to be thankful for!
I'm thankful for the both of you. Thank you for long talks and always being there for me!

Holly said...

What a great list! I grateful for a cousin who I have been able to reconnect with... ;)

Monica said...

I'm greatful we were able to spend Thanksgiving together.

Marnie said...

I love this. I can picture in my mind the two of you writing this. It gives me warm fuzzies. h

Amy and Mike said...

Thanks for your gratitude list. It helps to put things into perspective and makes us more grateful for what we have as well.

Mom in Orem said...

I am grateful for the two of you and your noble desires and your loving hearts and your service to family!