Sunday, November 23, 2008

The end of my active duty...

The other day I was awarded an Army Commendation Medal, for my active duty service over the past four years. It was a nice way to end my time with a great group of Soldiers. I don't have too may awards like this, so it's nice to get one every now and again, especially when it was awarded by the two men that were responsible for awarding it to me.

The medal:
























Mirinda was there and was able to pin it on me, she later said she felt like Princess Lea at the end of the very first Star Wars movie where she pinned on the medals on Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.


















It's customary for service members that are retiring to be awarded either a Meritorious Service Medal or a Legion of Merit. I don't know for sure that I will get one of these awards, but I have it on pretty good authority that some kind of award or medal is coming my way soon as part of my pending retirement/graduation from the military.

4 comments:

Holly said...

CONGRATS! That is neat! =)

Mom in Orem said...

Awesome! I proud of you Brian. You have worked hard and helped many. Welcome home! We love you!

Marnie said...

Congratulations Brian. You are almost done!

Mandos said...

What an honor! You will have to bring it to thanksgiving so we can all see it!